Woodland Park is a flourishing community of people who demand a high quality of life.
Woodland Park & Teller County Data
Today, businesses which export or are internet-based can be anywhere. About 50% of the licensed home-based business in Woodland Park/Teller County match that description. Approximately another dozen meet the definition of export product manufacturing businesses. Additionally, nearly 50 doctors, dentists, and other health providers are here, including a two-year old hospital. Medical industry is a growth sector. Woodland Park is also a regional center for retail and banking. Other sectors include:
- Creative Industries of art, music, theater, dance, film, & science centers
- Camps, family and corporate retreats, teaching centers
- Tourism and related amenities, shopping, services and attractions
Other market characteristics:
- Commercial center for Teller and parts of El Paso, Douglas, Park, and Fremont Counties
- Educated population: 40% hold four year degrees or higher
- Affluent population: In the past ten years households earning less than $35K annually declined by 17%. Households earning less than $50K declined by 14.5% During the same period the proportion of households earning earning more than $100K increased by 87% and those earning more than $150K more than doubled, up 120%.
- Sophisticated, well-traveled population with higher expectations of services and products.
- Currently, 40 percent of retail sales come from residents of Woodland Park with 60% from visitor traffic or residents of the larger market area.
- Fiscal trade area estimated at $860 million potential growth in retail sales up to $95 million.
Brian M. Fleer
710 W. Midland Ave.
Centennial Trailhead Cabin
Woodland Park, CO 80863
PO Box 9007
Woodland Park, CO 80866
Hours: 8-5 M-F