Street Re-Surfacing Projects
Background: The City of Woodland Park is responsible for the maintenance of and rehabilitation of approximately 55 centerline miles or 108 lane miles of roads. A pavement condition survey and road needs analysis was conducted by Stantec Consulting Inc (Stantec) in 2007 to provide the City with results to assist the City staff in maximizing the efficiency of the City's road maintenance and rehabilitation programs. The objectives of this Pavement Management Program were:
• To collect the pavement performance data to assess the current condition of the City's road network;
• To estimate the future condition of the pavement network and determine the maintenance and rehabilitation requirements over the next 5 years;
• To make recommendations for an ongoing pavement management program.
In late 2012 the City's Pavement Management Program was re-analyzed and a new five year plan has been developed. The City will continue to contract for street re-surfacing which will include a combination of chip sealing, overlaying and or full depth reclamation.
2015 Street re-surfacing projects are planned to include:
- Chip Seal re-surfacing of streets within the city's core area. This area is generally bounded to the north by US 24, to the west by US 24, to the south by the City Limits and to the east by US 24. - COMPLETED!
- A few select additional streets may also be re-surfaced with chip seal if cost and budgets allow. - COMPLETED!
- Full Depth Reclamation of Columbine Ave. west of the intersection with West St. and a portion of Parkview Rd. - COMPLETED!
- Seal Coat Meadow Wood Sports Complex parking lot - COMPLETED!
- Overlay Crestwood Park's parking lot - COMPLETED!
- Overlay another segment of the Centennial Trail - COMPLETED!
2016 Street re-surfacing projects that are planned include: Chip seal resurfacing of City Streets in the Kings Crown area along with other select streets.
For more information about two of our more common street maintenance strategies please visit these links:
Filling of pot holes and pavement spot repairs will continue and we encourage citizens to please contact Public Works at 719-687-5293 to report any pot holes that need attention from our Pot Hole Patrol.
Question regarding the Pavement Management Program or upcoming plans for street re-surfacing can be directed to the Public Works Department at 719-687-5293.
220 W South Ave
P.O. Box 9007
Woodland Park, CO 80866
Follow us on: