- Repair leaky faucets, pipes and run-on toilets.
- Don't let the water run while shaving or brushing teeth.
- Use a trickle rather than a full stream when washing hands.
- Use less water in the tub or shower. Use showerhead flow valve to cut back water while soaping.
- Never use the toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket.
- Run only full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the fridge rather than running the tap to get cold water.
- Use more brush and less water for washing dishes. Don't let water run for rinsing.
- Catch shower warm up water and use it to water plants.
- Check toilets for leaks. Put a little food coloring in the toilet tank. If, without flushing, the color begins to appear in the bowl, you have a leak that should be repaired immediately.
- Install inexpensive water-saving showerheads or flow restrictors. They're easy to install and some have an easy to use flow control valve.
- Replace older high water use toilets with the new ultra low flow models. Do some homework - some function better than others.
- When in the market for a new washing machine, consider a water efficient front load model.
- Water the landscape only, not streets, walks, or driveways.
- Don't let the water run while washing your car. Use a bucket & hose with automatic shut-off nozzle.
- At a commercial car wash, use a hand-held wand and bubble brush, not the automatic drive-through.
- Use broom or blower, not water, to clean drives and sidewalks.
- Replace turf areas with natural, non-watered vegetation.
- Manually turn off lawn sprinklers during rain or wind.
Utility Billing Technician
Field Services Crew Chief
220 W. South Avenue
P.O. Box 9007
Woodland Park, CO 80866
Utility Billing: 719.686.9680
Utilities Admin: 719.687.5208
Follow us on: