Business/Sales & Tax Licensing

Existing Businesses

Are you looking to pay your sales tax or renew your business license? We have a new online payment system: MuniRevs. To access your account, please call 719 687 5214 to receive your ACTIVATION CODE.

If you have already created an account on MuniRevs, please sign in.

New Businesses

All businesses operating in the City of Woodland Park must obtain a Business/Sales and Use Tax License.  This includes professional services, charitable organizations, home businesses, temporary vendors, and door-to-door solicitors.  

How to apply

To apply, please create an account on MUNIRevs. There you can manage your account, submit sales tax and renew business licenses.  Unlimited phone and web support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by contacting MUNIRevs at 1-888-751-1911 or

Note: Even businesses that do not "sell" anything must obtain a City license.

  • Licenses are nontransferable from person to person.
  • The annual license fee is $35.00 and covers a one-year period ending December 31 of each calendar year. (Late fees apply for delinquent renewals.)
  • Charitable or tax-exempt organizations must be licensed but are exempt from the license fee.
  • No license fee shall be assessed to any person or entity conducting business activities within the corporate limits of the city two times per year or less.
  • Temporary vendors and special events are not required to be licensed, but a Special Event Permit (PDF) is available that provides the information and forms to collect and remit applicable sales tax.
  • Door-to-door solicitors are encouraged to carry a copy of their license with them.

If your business is in a residential location, you must complete a Home Occupation Zoning Development Permit in addition to the Business License.

Tax Rates

City of Woodland Park Tax Rate: 

  • Sales Tax 4.09%
  • Use Tax 1%
  • Lodging Tax 5.7%

If you have a Temporary Lodging Home; please visit our MUNIRevs Site.

For the latest information on state sales and use tax rates, see the Colorado Sales/Use Tax Rates Lookup from the State of Colorado Website.

Colorado Business Express (CBE)

New businesses can now apply for state sales and withholding accounts online through a consolidated, online service called Colorado Business Express (CBE). This service eliminates the need for new business owners to use paper forms to register separately with different state agencies. For the state tax accounts, the online service replaces the CR 0100 form.